Friday, November 15, 2013

Dammit if that’s the price we have to pay, then I’m willing to pay it.

"I think that bin Laden and 9/11 were to some degree inspired by U.S. support of Israel. I think a great deal of the terrorist attacks and the sort of pool of potential terrorists who want to attack the United States are inspired by the United States support for Israel. I’m not saying we shouldn’t support Israel for that reason. I’m saying, Dammit if that’s the price we have to pay, then I’m willing to pay it." - Eric Alterman

As iamuglow says in a comment posted in response to that at mondoweiss.net: "Bin Laden and 9/11 WERE inspired by U.S. support of Israel. Terrorists who want to attack the United States ARE inspired by the United States support for Israel."

 Alterman is "way behind the curve with these weasly understatements" as iamuglow also points out.

Anger at U.S. support of Israel was the main motive for 9/11. See video What motivated the 9/11 hijackers? See testimony most didn't 

No comments: