PLEASE Sign and Share this Petition: YouTube Petition to try to get them to change the policy back to what it was so independent journalists can once again earn revenue for their work.
The Representative Press channel is presenting newsworthy content with the intent to inform (see the about page here) and is not a channel with videos intended to offend or shock.
YouTube says that content it "considers to be inappropriate for advertising includes but is not limited to:
- Sexually suggestive content, including partial nudity and sexual humor
- Violence, including display of serious injury and events related to violent extremism
- Inappropriate language, including harassment, profanity and vulgar language
- Promotion of drugs and regulated substances, including selling, use and abuse of such items
- Controversial or sensitive subjects and events, including natural disasters and deaths
Here is the YouTube Help Page that the above info is from. I am pointing this out because of this: