The fact is the June 25 capture of the Israeli soldier was retaliation for Israel's actions.
According to the reasoning of many pro-Israel supporters, Hamas had the right to rain down thousands of missiles on Israel for the June 24 kidnapping of the brothers from Gaza.
On June 24, when Israel seized two Palestinians in “the first arrest raid in the territory since Israel pulled out of the area a year ago” the American mainstream media was silent.
"Israel abducted the two Gaza civilians, a doctor and his brother. We don't know their names. You don't know the names of victims. They were taken to Israel, presumably, and nobody knows their fate. The next day, something happened, which we do know about, a lot. Militants in Gaza, probably Islamic Jihad, abducted an Israeli soldier across the border. That's Corporal Gilad Shalit. And that's well known; the first abduction is not."See the facts about Lebanon, Israel, Gaza Hezbollah and the Palestinians
Noam Chomsky reveals facts like the abduction of the two Gaza civilians June 24, BEFORE the Israeli soldiers were captured. Learn the background that the mainstream media doesn't report.
A question for those who support retaliation, now that you know the facts, do you support Hamas' retaliation against Israel?
And the June 24 kidnapping of the brothers from Gaza wasn't the first action against the Palestinians in recent weeks.
* On June 8, the Israeli army assassinated the recently appointed Palestinian head of the security forces of the Interior Ministry, Jamal Abu Samhadana, and three others.
* On June 9, Israeli shells killed seven members of the same family picnicking on Beit Lahiya beach. Some 32 others were wounded, including 13 children.
* On June 13, an Israeli plane fired a missile into a busy Gaza City street, killing 11 people, including two children and two medics.
* On June 20, the Israeli army killed three Palestinian children and injured 15 others in Gaza with a missile attack.
* On June 21, the Israelis killed a 35-year old pregnant woman, her brother, and injured 11 others, including 6 children.
* Then came the Israeli capture of two Palestinians on June 24, followed by the Palestinian capture of the Israeli soldier and the killing of the two other soldiers.
After the beach deaths, Hamas, the ruling party in the Palestinian Authority, broke an 18-month ceasefire and joined other militant groups in firing Kassam rockets into Israel. The Financial Times reported on June 23 that the missiles, principally targeted towards the Israel town of Sderot, have caused damage and some casualties but no fatalities in the recent barrages. A June 29 Guardian leader noted that the home-made Kassam rockets are "not in the same league as Israel's hi-tech (though not always accurate) weaponry"
But you supporters of massive retaliation, now that you know the facts, you support massive retaliation against Israel for all the Israeli actions PRIOR to June 25.
Help the campaign to get these facts to fellow Americans, the Mainstream media is playing us for fools.
See lebanon israel facts media